[webkit-dev] Can node->renderer()->node() == node ever be false?

Dimitri Glazkov dglazkov at chromium.org
Tue Sep 14 15:46:15 PDT 2010

Dear WebKit,

I've been looking at this line here and it doesn't seem to make sense
to me: http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebCore/page/EventHandler.cpp#L2153

It looks like the loop in question will always exit early, because it
short-circuits to node->renderer()->node() == node, which seems like
it always will be true. At least, that's what the layout tests say
when I remove it. The loop was added here:

http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/25057/trunk/WebCore/page/EventHandler.cpp

Can the elders and the wizards of WebKit shine the light upon my
forehead and provide me with the mirth of understanding?

:DG<