[webkit-dev] Bug system: Platform and OS fields don't quite align

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Sep 14 11:02:24 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow at chromium.org> wrote:

> It's worth noting that Android also uses v8 and skia.  They only have one
> reviewer at the moment, but it still might be best to not associate Chromium
> with skia/v8 changes.
>
> As for the original questions: does anyone actually use any of those
> categories in bugs?  If not, is there any way to get rid of them?  As far as
> I'm aware, they're just noise at the moment.

You mean Platform & OS?  I've seen dozens editing bugs that are associated
with Windows or Mac since some behaviors need to be platform-specific or
there are platform-specific quirks.  I've never really seen a good use of
Platform because platform is usually determined by OS.  I'd like to see qt,
gtk, chromium, etc... on platform (or better be called as ports?) instead.

- Ryosuke