[webkit-dev] Bug system: Platform and OS fields don't quite align

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Tue Sep 14 10:38:37 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM, David Levin <levin at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
>
>> We're not very good at using these fields in Bugzilla.  In this
>> situation, folks will usually prefix the summary of the bug with
>> "[Chromium]".  This is a signal to reviewers that they might be more
>> or less interested in reviewing the patch depending on whether they
>> like/feel comfortably with reviewing patches to WebKit/chromium.
>>

> Note that bugs should only have [Chromium] in the title if the patch *only*
> touches Chromium specific files. (Right now, I consider this to be skia
> related files, v8 related files, and then the files that are obviously
> chromium due to name or directory structure -- I say "right now" because I
> see there are efforts to make skia useful outside of Chromium.)

It's worth noting that Android also uses v8 and skia.  They only have one
reviewer at the moment, but it still might be best to not associate Chromium
with skia/v8 changes.

As for the original questions: does anyone actually use any of those
categories in bugs?  If not, is there any way to get rid of them?  As far as
I'm aware, they're just noise at the moment.