[webkit-dev] Use of Frame by ResourceHandle

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sat Sep 11 08:15:14 PDT 2010

On 09/11/2010 05:57 PM, Adam Barth wrote:

> Do we still believe this FIXME is accurate?  If so, I have some time
> next week to look at removing the dependency.  There's a patch that
> either recently landed or is about to land that furthers the use of
> Frame by ResourceHandle, so I wanted to check with folks more broadly
> about whether this is the right direction.  (Note that I haven't
> studied the code yet, so I'm not sure what would be required to remove
> the dependency.)

I'am afraid QtWebKit is using that for a layering violation. Each QWebPage
(wrapper around WebCore::Page + FrameView) can have a separate network engine
(QNetworkAccessManager) and we go from WebCore::Frame to WebKit to find out
which engine to use.

I wonder how/if we can migrate that to a bridge, but I am afraid we will still
need to have some access to Document/Frame/Page.