[webkit-dev] webkit-patch land on Windows and line endings in ChangeLogs

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Fri Oct 22 11:06:11 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr at google.com> wrote:

> WebKit coding practice is to not set svn:eol-style
> on checked in text files

Darin Adler told me a while back that this is untrue, and that originally
all files had eol-style set and it was sloppiness/laziness/ignorance that
caused that to not still be true.  Accordingly, I landed a bunch of changes
at the time that added eol-style to lots of files.

I have since heard this "don't set eol-style" advice from others, but all of
them seem to have vague memories of hearing it second-hand, and since
there's also no downside I can determine to setting eol-style, I'm inclined
to believe Darin.

I think that one way to solve this problem would be to set
> svn:eol-style to LF for all of the ChangeLogs in the workspace. Does
> anyone have any comments on whether this would be a good or bad idea?

Go for it.

PK