[webkit-dev] New Rich Text Editing Test suite

Roland Steiner rolandsteiner at google.com
Sun Oct 3 23:12:15 PDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> I also noticed:
>
> RTE2-CC_FN:a_FONTf:a-1_SI fontname 'courier' y y y y FAIL <font
> face="arial">foo</font><spanclass="apple-style-span" style="font-family:
> name to same font name, using CSS styling (should be noop)
>
> Isn't supposed to be fontname 'arial' instead?  There are 4 other tests
> below this one with the seemingly the same problem.

Whoops, the evils of copy-paste programming strike again! :p Fixed in the
last commit (not yet live).

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't be hard-coding 18px here:
>
> {'value': '18px', 'pad': '<span style="font-size:
> large">[foobarbaz]</span>', 'expected': ['<span style="font-size:
> large">[foobarbaz]</span>', '<span style="font-size:
> large">[foobarbaz]</span>'], 'command': 'fontsize', 'id':
> 'FS:18px_SPANs:fs:l-1_SW', 'desc': 'Change existing font size to equivalent
> px size (should be noop, or change unit)'}
>
> The pixel font value of font-size: large is different depending on whether
> or not we're in strict/quirks modes and whether or not we're using fixed
> font (at least in WebKit and probably in Firefox).  We should be using the
> computed style value of the text instead.

The code to normalize units (colors and font sizes) is cribbed from the
original RichText suite. It does allow for some variation, but of course I'm
open for any suggestions. Esp. actually rendered font size (as opposed to
what's contained in the attributes/style) would be interesting, since that
may yet again be modified by inherited style. However, I'm not sure how to
portably test this across browsers.

Cheers,

- Roland