[webkit-dev] Hunspell based spellchecker

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Nov 17 22:51:52 PST 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 10:49 PM, Hajime Morita wrote:

> In other word, we should make sure that TextChecker interface can have subclasses both inside and outside WebCore.

Yes, in this model the abstract base class inside WebCore will need a derived class inside Windows WebKit that then in turn calls outside of WebKit. But it is not appropriate to expose an class from WebCore directly as part of WebKit API.

A WebCore class is an appropriate way for WebKit to connect to WebCore. It is not an appropriate way for WebKit to provide API.

    -- Darin