[webkit-dev] Hunspell based spellchecker

Hajime Morita morrita at google.com
Wed Nov 17 22:49:44 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> Safari on Windows provides a spelling checker outside of WebKit. If we change the way spelling checking is organized inside WebKit, we need to preserve that feature in the WebKit used by Safari on Windows.
Thank you for pointing this out.
In my understanding, windows port is using EditingDelegate
implementation for EditorClient.
I think we can also use same EditingDlegate to implement TextChecker
(or something like that) interface.

In other word, we should make sure that TextChecker interface can have
subclasses both inside and outside WebCore.
I need to investigate more to see whether it is possible.

Anyway, I'll start keeping original EditorClient API, then try to
remove unnecessary methods.
The change looks too large to do it at once.

--
morrita