[webkit-dev] HTML5 & Web Links (RFC 5988)

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Nov 11 09:06:01 PST 2010

11.11.2010, в 00:59, Julian Reschke написал(а):

> - once you start supporting the "title" attribute you might want to consider sharing code with Content-Disposition for processing I18Nized titles (see related Chromium change feature request and change list at <https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=57830>).

As far as the Chromium request goes, please consider feature parity with Safari. We've supported non-ASCII file names in Content-Disposition for a while now, and judging by the lack of bug reports, our approach[*] is sufficient for Web compatibility. The only issue I know is with GMail, which blocks Safari server-side, replacing non-ASCII characters with question marks.

Having two sources of file name information in HTTP headers sounds like a very weird idea to me.

[*] the approach is to support raw non-ASCII bytes in Content-Disposition file name, decoded as UTF-8 - and if that fails, as referring document's encoding, and if that fails, as browser default encoding. See <http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebCore/loader/FrameLoader.cpp?rev=71625#L2689>.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov