[webkit-dev] Size Of Ruby Text?

Eric Mader emader at apple.com
Wed Nov 3 11:20:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

As part of my work on ruby text enhancements, I'm implementing the option of not counting the height of the ruby text in the overall line height. As part of this, I wanted to play with changing the size of the ruby text. I'm trying to do this by changing the following lines in <WebKit>/WebCore/css/html.css:

ruby > rt {
    display: block;
    font-size: 60%; /* make slightly larger than 50% for better readability */
    text-align: center;
    text-decoration: none;
}

However, when I change the font-size: attribute to, say, 50%, I don't see any difference in the size of the ruby text. (I even tried 25% just to be sure). Is this value being set somewhere else?

Regards,
Eric Mader