[webkit-dev] question about download vs. display for text/* MIME types

allstars.chh allstars.chh at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:11:19 PDT 2010

hi Darin

first i didnt mean it's a bug now
my question is in the ' definition of DOMImplenentation::isTextMIMEType'
interface
because now WebKit on Android port has used (or misused) this interface and
cause some problems
so i post my questions to this mailing list

for other ports of webkit
they didnt use this interface, so i now focus on the android port

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/webkit.git;a=blob;f=WebKit/android/WebCoreSupport/FrameLoaderClientAndroid.cpp;h=c567c665f3fae0061e4906e73dd6ebd0a3cb5234;hb=HEAD#l428
here it decides the policy stage of this mimetype

then it calls canShowMIMEType
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/webkit.git;a=blob;f=WebKit/android/WebCoreSupport/FrameLoaderClientAndroid.cpp;h=c567c665f3fae0061e4906e73dd6ebd0a3cb5234;hb=HEAD#l694

and in this function
it uses DOMImplementation::isTextMIMEType to check
because here the interface returns 'true' therefore android port thought
this should be handled internally
and didnt make it in a POLICY_DOWNLOAD stage

however, in the implementation of DOMImplementation::isTextMIMEType
it treats all mime types starts with "text/' as DOM except text/html and
 text/xml

because the definition and implementation of this interface arent precisely
defined
and cause some mis-understanding here
so i post this message to request for your great opinion

thanks