[webkit-dev] webkit-patch requests

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed May 19 10:27:56 PDT 2010

Not sure where to put these. A while ago people were talking about changes needed to webkit-patch. Here are some of the basics for me for one command, webkit-patch upload. When I use webkit-patch upload to create a patch in a tree where I have not yet written anything for change log, webkit-patch loads the change log files into an editor for me with prepared change log entries for me to edit. Here are the problems I have with that:

    1) The script uses vi, but my preferred editor is Xcode. I have an environment variable, CHANGE_LOG_EDIT_APPLICATION, set to Xcode.

    2) When it brings up the change logs in the editor, it does not show me a diff until after I am done editing them. I can’t write a good change log without having a diff to refer to.

Fixing those would help me use webkit-patch.

    -- Darin