[webkit-dev] Yet another bug-less change hosed the tree.

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Tue May 11 10:03:57 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org> wrote:

> 11.05.2010, в 0:56, Maciej Stachowiak написал(а):
>

>  I do think making it capable of handling subdirectories would be an
>> improvement for SVN users. Also, I suspect it doesn't work as well as it
>> could for people who prefer to edit ChangeLogs in a non-command-line editor,
>> and for people who are very much in the habit of running prepare-ChangeLog
>> before they even think about uploading a patch. Even with those limitations,
>> I personally find it very useful, and I am a grumpy curmudgeon about tools.
>>

> FWIW, I'm unwilling to use a command line tool to deal with Bugzilla, no
> matter how refined. I don't work on a browser engine to run away from the
> experience it provides.

The problem with the experience is not the web browser but bugzilla +
integration with other tools.  Maybe if you were editing in bespin and using
some sort of cloud based compiling farm (cool idea...) then it'd make sense
to stay in the browser for the patch review/tracking side of things.  But
the reality is that most of us use some sort of IDE/editor + command line
tools to do our job.

I don't see how not using a web browser for one particular task on one
particular site (that's not very great anyway) is somehow betraying the
product you're working on.

P.S. Thanks so much everyone who's worked on webkit-patch!  It takes SO much
pain out of working on WebKit.