[webkit-dev] Custom event question

Bob Murphy bobert at lavitanuova.com
Mon May 10 16:40:57 PDT 2010

I'm trying to add a new custom event to WebKit, descended from MouseRelatedEvent. It's about 90% finished, but I'm hitting a roadblock.

At runtime, the new event's "type" property is visible from JavaScript - but nothing else is. For instance, "clientX" reports to JavaScript as "undefined."

I've tried to parallel everything done with TouchEvent and WheelEvent as far as IDL files, makefiles, new C++ source and header files, and so on. The new event appears to be correctly generated into JSDOMWindow.cpp/.h. However, the property lookup seems to be failing.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong, or what I could do to fix this?

Thanks,
Bob