[webkit-dev] TransformAction event

kim.1.gronholm at nokia.com kim.1.gronholm at nokia.com
Thu May 6 04:43:29 PDT 2010

Hi,

The event contains the clientX/Y attributes that can be used as the
origin point for the transforms. Whether those are used or the center
of the element, is completely up to the web developer. The transforms
are not applied to the elements by the user agent.

This does not affect the layout of the dom as the user agent just
dispatches the event. The web developer may choose to alter the
layout as a result of this event if he/she wants to do so. The simple
example in the proposal uses CSS3 transforms that don't  affect the
layout.

Br,
Kim Grönholm