[webkit-dev] FileAPI/FileWriter support

Dmitry Titov dimich at chromium.org
Wed Mar 24 20:44:27 PDT 2010

I'm curious what the ByteStore object is for? While reading the document,
I've got an impression that BlobBuilder would store all content of the blob
under construction in that store, 'realizing' the parts (encoding the
strings into utf-8 and reading the files underlying Blobs). It seems to be
better to avoid 'realizing' the separate strings/blobs until the very end
(basically, until the bits are needed for actual XHR.send() or
FileWriter.write()), otherwise BlobBuilder.append() becomes a synchronous
"read whole file" operation.

Dmitry