[webkit-dev] FileAPI/FileWriter support

Kinuko Yasuda kinuko at chromium.org
Wed Mar 24 17:42:43 PDT 2010

Hi webkit-dev folks,

I'm working on FileAPI/FileWriter support and would like to start making
changes / send patches for the work.
Our initial target platform is chromium and many of the changes will only
touch files under platform/chromium, but I will also change existing
Blob/File code and will add some modules in WebCore for async file
operations.

Here's the design doc (implementation plan) for FileWriter:
http://docs.google.com/View?docID=0AWoCez0NQ60KZG5jaGhkZ18xZ25rZ3RxY3A&revision=_latest&hgd=1

The plan/design is not concrete yet and any feedbacks are more than welcome.
To start with, I'm planning to open a new meta issue for FileWriter (will
also update webkit.org/b/32624) and start submitting changes in small pieces
whenever possible.

Thanks!
Kinuko