[webkit-dev] Web developer documentation - working with Mozilla

henry.haverinen at nokia.com henry.haverinen at nokia.com
Mon Mar 22 07:26:59 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

So to sum up the discussion so far,  we should have a neutral place for the web developer documentation, so that everyone can comfortably send
web developers there. The other key requirement is an explicit license and contribution model that preserves the license.

The neutral place could be under webkit.org, or a new browser engine independent site -- mozilla.org is not neutral enough.

Do you agree with this? Should we just get started under webkit.org? -- if so, how could we get an open documentation license in place?

I'm not convinced we really need auto-generated documentation. If we did that, we should have some kind of in-line mark-up
(like Doxygen or qdoc) for adding the descriptions and other fields, so we could repeatedly auto-generate the docs.
This might be overkill right now, and a lot harder to contribute than a wiki.

Regards,
Henry