[webkit-dev] bugs 33761 and 36016

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Mar 11 09:36:09 PST 2010

11.03.2010, в 08:34, Brian J. Murrell написал(а):

> I posted bug 33761 to your BZ back on 2010-01-16 but it's so far seen zero
> activity.

The bug doesn't have steps to reproduce, and from the description, it appears that you only got this crash once. There isn't a lot that can be done with a report like this - certainly it can't be moved from UNCONFIRMED to NEW.

When unreproducible crashers are reported for Mac, we just close the bugs and ask reporters to submit crash reports to Apple via an automatic tool present in Mac OS X.

I've tweaked bug title and priority a little now, but it's of course up to Gtk port authors to authoritatively determine the priority.

> I just posted another JS issue in bug 36016.  But before waiting too
> long again, I just wonder if your BZ is the wrong place to post bug reports.

Bugzilla is the one and only way to make developers aware of crashes on Linux, as far as I know. Even if a report is not actionable directly, simply searching for similar issues can suggest where to look for a problem, once there is a certain critical mass of reports.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov