[webkit-dev] strategy for evaluating performance issues related to memory.

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 06:21:42 PDT 2010

So where does this stand right now? I hope to actually contribute at some point.
but right now  I'm just trying to determine approaches to even finding the problems.
( and yes my disk light still comes on for minutes at a time locking me out of doing antyhing
with iceweasel or firefox)

I guess at a gross level it would be nice to know when and why page faults occur
but a more pro-active approach would be to start understanding the memory
needs during design or code examination for other reasons. If there is nothing
better, perhaps people could put in formatted comments about memory needs
and access patterns and various parameters or issues or assumptions that
in the code. I haven't entirely thought this through  (duh) and hope to stimulate
a discussion ( actually I'd be happy if someone had a one line answer or link
to an answer but am not that opitmistic).

I would approach this as an  addition to finding memory leaks but maybe the
worst offenders will go away if there is less clutter.

Thanks.

- - - - - -

Mike Marchywka | V.P. Technology

415-264-8477
marchywka at phluant.com

Online Advertising and Analytics for Mobile
http://www.phluant.com

note new address
Mike Marchywka
1975 Village Round
Marietta GA 30064
415-264-8477 (w)<- use this
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka at hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.