[webkit-dev] Patches saying “Unreviewed”

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Fri Jul 30 13:49:28 PDT 2010

This was added to enable a sane "you filled in a reviewer" check.
Requiring patch submitters to be explicit that the patch was not
reviewed instead of the case where they got the reviewer information
wrong.

We *very* commonly have cases where contributors (especially new ones)
just delete the "Reviewed by" line, or fill it in with "Reviewed by
nobody." or similar.  Not understanding our (admittedly confusing)
system.

I'm definitely open to other/better solutions.  Including removing (at
least the "unreviewed" part of) the check when not in commit-queue
mode.

-eric