[webkit-dev] review queue crazy idea

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Thu Jul 22 03:38:06 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> I think a better UI for reviews, plus some better attempts at active notification of potential reviewers, could go a long way. I'm a strong believer in trying nudges and positive incentives before implementing harsher policies.

Maybe we could have the system try to contact reviewers who have expressed
interest/ability in review patches for certain areas (or components)?

For example, if someone registered as being a reviewer for MathML patches,
the system could e-mail all the registered reviewers.  If the set of
reviewers is too large, the system could pick a random subset to e-mail.

I have certainly had a consistent set of individuals who have been kind
enough to review my patches.  On occasion, I've contacted individuals
to ask directly for a review when a patch has been there for awhile.  I've
gotten comfortable enough with the process to do this.  Newer contributors
or those contributing outside their normal areas might not feel so
comfortable and so having the system do this would be very good for
keeping things moving forward.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."