[webkit-dev] Frustrated at inconsiderate behavior

Daniel Cheng dcheng at chromium.org
Thu Jul 8 15:49:34 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 15:38, Xan Lopez <xan at gnome.org> wrote:

> Aren't you essentially saying that you like the change because it
> allows you to join the fun of adding code to already broken trees?
> Again, I don't see how this helps us to move towards
> as-greener-as-possible trees.
>
> If core-builders are repeatedly red for days on end this is something
> we should address instead of adding workarounds so that people can
> keep working without paying attention to it. It has been noted that
> this is an often visited topic and off-topic to the thread, though.
>
> Xan

What I'm saying is that if the commit queue behavior is reverted, there
ought to be some sort of policy (strong suggestion? rule?) in place for
committers to discourage committing on top of a red tree as well. Maybe
there's already one, but it's not strongly enforced and it's very easy to
ignore if you just want to land your patch and start working on something
else. For what it's worth, it was especially frustrating for me since I was
only updating an interface in the Chromium platform layer and the 3 day
delay blocked me from landing any of the associated patches on the Chromium
side.

Daniel