[webkit-dev] Frustrated at inconsiderate behavior

Xan Lopez xan at gnome.org
Thu Jul 8 15:38:38 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Daniel Cheng <dcheng at chromium.org> wrote:
> As someone who doesn't have committer access, I like the change to the CQ.
> Before, I might have to wait 3 days for a patch to land since the CQ would
> wait for all the core builders to be green. Meanwhile, committers see that
> the CQ is behind and commit directly instead, so the tree stays on fire and
> the CQ gets even further behind. I don't care if the commit queue behavior
> is reverted, but if it is, it'd be really nice if committers tried to follow
> the same commit policy as the bot.

Aren't you essentially saying that you like the change because it
allows you to join the fun of adding code to already broken trees?
Again, I don't see how this helps us to move towards
as-greener-as-possible trees.

If core-builders are repeatedly red for days on end this is something
we should address instead of adding workarounds so that people can
keep working without paying attention to it. It has been noted that
this is an often visited topic and off-topic to the thread, though.

Xan