[webkit-dev] MathML Project Contact etc.

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Fri Jan 15 07:58:08 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Chris Jerdonek
<chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:32:11 -0800
>> From: Alex Milowski <alex at milowski.org>
>> Subject: [webkit-dev] MathML Project Contact etc.
>>
>> I'm presenting my MathML in WebKit work tomorrow at the Joint AMS/MAA
>> meeting here in San Francisco.  After looking through my slides I feel
>> that I'm unsatisfied with what I'm telling people about where to go for
>> more information or to contribute to the project.
>>
>> I'd like a better way for:
>>
>>   * MathML in WebKit related discussions to take place,
>>   * dissemination of status,
>>   * collection of test cases, plans, roadmaps,
>>   * builds of a MathML enabled WebKit for testers.
>
> Thanks, Alex.  I realize some of this is probably covered by your earlier post:
>
> https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2010-January/011328.html
>
> What were you originally going to tell people as far as the above four
> things and where to go to contribute?

Since I haven't figure this out yet, I'm just enumerating my list of
places where I'd like help and I'm asking people to contact me.  I'd like
a better story there (e.g. join this mailing list).

Basically, the wiki is a great place for me to disseminate information
but I need a way for people to raise issues as testers or "concerned"
individuals.  As they aren't developers, webkit-dev seems like the
wrong place.

The MathML implementation in Mozilla has its own mailing list, as
is the general practice for a lot of the major components of
Mozilla.  That's not the case for WebKit, which is really good
in many ways, but I think you all might not be so interested in
random questions about MathML.

I would also like to put up a build server so people can get
and test the mac version.  I don't have a machine that I can put
to this task yet.  It would have to regularly pull the source
and apply a set of patches as I suspect most of my code
will be in patches for quite awhile.

Ideally, the best outcome would be a binary distribution with
a place for testers to chat about their experiences, problems,
and other issues.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."