[webkit-dev] questions about allow-tabs

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 18:59:17 PST 2010

I have some background questions about the "allow-tabs" property.  I
imagine it pre-dates check-webkit-style by quite a while.

(1) What's the reason and history behind our use of the property?

(2) What component actually does the pre-commit check?  I didn't find
a reference to "allow-tabs" in WebKitTools/, but maybe I searched
incorrectly.

(3) Roughly speaking, how many and what types of files have the property set?

(4) Are there any issues to be aware of with it when using a Git
repository for development?

While I'm asking, I might as well also ask -- what other subversion
properties do we use?

Thanks,
--Chris