[webkit-dev] Remove underscore check in check-webkit-style?

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Wed Jan 13 15:43:54 PST 2010

Current check-webkit-style and the style bot complain if code uses
identifiers with underscores in their names.  It turns out our code
does this fairly often, especially in Qt and Gtk specific code, for
example to interface with unit testing frameworks.  We could either:

1) Teach check-webkit-style about these cases
2) Remove the underscore check entirely

My inclination is to do (2) because I haven't seen this check find
many actual style problems.  However, if we think that (1) is the
better road, I'll be happy to make that happen.

Adam