[webkit-dev] WebView & mouseMoved events

Alex MacCaw maccman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 09:16:04 PST 2010

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with mouse moved events with Apple WebKit port.
They're just not firing - and so I don't get any :hover css effects or js events.

It looks like Apple aren't using the normal mouseMoved events, but rather send them through a NSNotificationCenter.
I don't know where they're created, but I assume it''s something to do with 'WKSetNSWindowShouldPostEventNotifications'.
Since that part of the project is closed, I can't see the source to find out why they're not being created.

At the moment, I'm getting round the issue by firing them myself:
http://github.com/maccman/bowline-desktop/commit/e4aa611373a2c76455566ff0dcf178a775b49756

Anyone know why mouse moved events wouldn't be created? I'd much rather do this the proper way, rather then hack round it.

Thanks,
Alex