[webkit-dev] The tree is on fire: a tragedy of the commons

Enrica Casucci enrica at apple.com
Fri Feb 26 10:44:49 PST 2010

I didn't know that failing tests would block the commit queue. I saw they were failing yesterday afternoon and I thought it was ok to wait until this morning to fix them.
My apologies for the inconvenience.
I believe a reasonable approach to handle these situations is to try to contact the person responsible for braking the tests in IRC and if there is no response within an hour, roll back.
I believe that requiring everyone to run the layout tests (the entire suite) before committing is the right thing to do.
The only time I haven't done it was yesterday :-(.
Lesson learned.

	Enrica