[webkit-dev] Crashes during testing

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Thu Feb 25 15:08:59 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:
> But any regressions would have been blamed on eric.
>
> webkit-patch land does the correct thing, but i disable the testing prior to
> commit because a 25 minute delay prior to committing is more or less
> guaranteed to cause it to fail to commit due to someone else landing.

There are two things we can do to improve that:

1) Make the tests faster.  This benefits everyone and should be a
side-effect of moving to the new multi-threaded LayoutTest driver.

2) Teach webkit-patch land how commit even if someone committed while
it ran.  I have an experimental patch for this that I can finish.

Adam