[webkit-dev] Announcing new port: EFL

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Tue Feb 23 13:09:06 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 14:44 -0300, Leandro Pereira wrote:
> I am doing the cleanups required by the upstream task, merge of GTK+'s
> and EFL's build system, and will do further works on unifying both GTK
> +'s and EFL's codebases. There are other people working on this port,
> however:

I think it's important to step in on this. I'm sure EFL and GTK+ will be
able to share many things, and that the EFL port wants to use the same
network backend, and media implementation we use, for instance.

I'd like to ask potential reviewers to avoid giving r+ to patches that
touch our build system or any of our backends without having us
(gns at gnome.org, and xan.lopez at gmail.com) CCed in the bug so we can give
it a quick pass, unless the change is trivial or just moving stuff
around, as was the case for GOwnPtr, and GRefPtr.

As everyone knows our build system is one of the slowest, so adding
complexity to it may not be always a good idea. Also, we want to be sure
that we are using the best tools available to GTK+ in the backends we
maintain, avoiding lowest common denominator solutions, so we will
likely prefer having alternate implementations for stuff that is not
"portable", rather than dumbing them down, if that's needed.

Having said that, welcome to WebKit, and count on me to help get things
rolling where possible! =)

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>