[webkit-dev] adding support for m17n

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Feb 16 10:52:28 PST 2010

On Feb 15, 2010, at 11:23 PM, haithem rahmani wrote:

> the m17n seems providing the same features as the icu library.

There is some overlap, but I’m not sure it includes all the ICU features used by WebKit.

Folks who don’t want to use ICU have already made ports that use WinCE platform functions, glib functions, and Qt functions rather than ICU, but in each case it was a lot of work.

> is it possible to support it into webkit ?

Sure. If someone working on WebKit wants to put the time into this, it would probably be OK to support yet another configuration here.

I don’t think there’s anyone already working on it.

All the usual difficulties apply for a new code path — the code has to be adopted by one of the ports that has active maintenance or a buildbot, otherwise the code is highly likely to rot.

    -- Darin