[webkit-dev] Webkit mipsel crashing in arenaDelete

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Tue Feb 16 00:22:00 PST 2010

Hi,

On 2010-02-16 at 08:50:21 [+0100], Bharathwaaj S <bharathwaaj.s at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I could port webkit to mipsel architechture using DirectFB Backend.
>
> I've taken svn WebKitGtk release 1.1.8 present
> here<http://trac.webkit.org/browser/releases/WebKitGTK/webkit-1.1.8>
> .
>
> I could get google.com homepage when I run GtkLauncher. But when I press any
> the Google Search button, it crashes.
>
> I added printfs in the code and I found that it is crashing in File
> WebCore/rendering/RenderObject.cpp Function arenaDelete in the line
>
> delete this
>
> It also crashes when I reload the google page by pressing right click and
> reload.
>
> The same release when built for x86 runs fine.
>
> Kindly help me in solving this issue.

No idea if this is helpful or even applies to your problem, but during the
Haiku porting effort, we found out that when using USE_SYSTEM_MALLOC=1,
WebCore makes some assumptions about alignment of allocations that are not
guarenteed when using malloc() (should use memalign()). When we switched to
using the built-in TCSystemMalloc, those problems went away.

Also, I don't know which build system you are using, but you need to make
sure that you compile all parts of WebKit with the same defines. Since there
are a lot of #defines in the code which enable or disable various features,
the object sizes will change when you compile different parts of the code
with different #defines, which can lead to all sorts of funny crashes.

Best regards,
-Stephan