[webkit-dev] Buildbot early exit

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Feb 8 18:51:58 PST 2010

Good morning crowd,

can anyone explain the "--exit-after-n-failures=20" default behaviour
for the build bots?

Background:
Today I had to update a lot of SVG *expected.txt files including all
platform specific variations (in LayoutTests/platform/<gtk/qt/win/mac-
*>).
I landed my patch with updated mac results and planned to wait for the
build bots to show me all differences, so I could update all baselines
for the individual platforms needing custom layout test results
differing from the mac baseline.

Though because the bots exit early after 20 test failures it took a
long time to identify all differences because I could only fix a
maximum of
20 failures per commit - that's odd. I'm aware it's a rare case to
update 900+ test results in one shot but I thought it's worth to
mention.

I think the best way to resolve this problem is to run layout tests on
the try bots, so any layout test differences can be identified before
comitting.
I recall some talk about that in the past, what's the status?

Cheers,
Niko