[webkit-dev] licensing question

Chris Jerdonek cjerdonek at webkit.org
Wed Feb 3 20:25:53 PST 2010

Quick question: if we would like to check in third-party code and it
is not obviously "BSD-style" (at least to me), what is the process for
checking whether the license is okay and clearing the license?

The WebKit Committer Guidelines say, "This means that you should
verify that each source file contains either a copy of the BSD or LGPL
text, or a license header stating that it is governed by either such
license. All other licenses are not acceptable unless cleared by Apple
in writing."

Thanks,
--Chris