[webkit-dev] DOM Serialization?

Chris Jerdonek cjerdonek at webkit.org
Wed Feb 3 14:11:24 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Christopher White <skullknife at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to save the DOM resulting from the parsing of HTML / CSS into
> a file and then read it back instead of re-parsing the HTML (similar to Java
> object serialization). Does it save any time or is it a wash?

This is going back a couple weeks, but I was curious as to what use
cases you had in mind for this.  For example, you could imagine this
being done on the server side before sending to some kind of client.
But that's probably not what you had in mind.  And there is also the
web archive use case that Darin mentioned.

--Chris