[webkit-dev] Plan to move TypedArray out of WebGL feature guard

Chris Marrin cmarrin at apple.com
Thu Dec 23 14:07:09 PST 2010

On Dec 23, 2010, at 1:47 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:

> You need to have Blobs for ArrayBuffer to be of much use for XHR,
> because you need to be able to set the Content-Type, and browsers may/will
> fiddle with the content-type header you set, if you have not passed a Blob.
>
> Blobs are defined under the File API (I believe).
>
> Blob is already under the XHR spec, though I haven't seen it used in Webkit distros (responseBlob).

We've discussed a different approach to responses in XHR Level 2. The idea is to have a 'responseType' property which is set to the data type you're interested in (text, xml, arrayBuffer, etc.) and then a 'response' property that would be of the appropriate type.

One question I have is whether Blobs are necessary if we have ArrayBuffers.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin at apple.com