[webkit-dev] Renaming directories

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Dec 21 18:26:08 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Mihai Parparita <mihaip at chromium.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> > Why don't we do this as we change the format of render tree dumps.  We
> can
> > remove expected tests from LayoutTests, move tests to RegressionTests
> with
> > new expected results.
>
> I don't think an incremental migration will work well here, especially
> if it can't be easily automated (if it involves output format changes).

We can stop generating results in LayoutTests, no?

> We're going to have both directories for years, and people
> new to the project will be confused as to which tests to run, where to
> add new ones (if related ones haven't been migrated yet), etc.

I'm not suggesting that we do this "over time."  I think we should still
have a dedicated time period to convert all tests.  But even if we were
doing this in a short period of time (say in 24 hours), it'll be nice if we
could keep the bots green.

- Ryosuke