[webkit-dev] Renaming directories

Mihai Parparita mihaip at chromium.org
Tue Dec 21 18:16:22 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> Why don't we do this as we change the format of render tree dumps.  We can
> remove expected tests from LayoutTests, move tests to RegressionTests with
> new expected results.

I don't think an incremental migration will work well here, especially
if it can't be easily automated (if it involves output format
changes). We're going to have both directories for years, and people
new to the project will be confused as to which tests to run, where to
add new ones (if related ones haven't been migrated yet), etc.

Mihai