[webkit-dev] Renaming directories

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Dec 21 10:59:43 PST 2010

Before we move LayoutTests, we might want to discuss further changes to structure.

Mark Rowe and I talked about this briefly and he suggested a top level with just:

    Examples
    Sources
    Tests
    Tools
    Websites

And perhaps one or two files. Maybe Makefile.

For Apple internal purposes it would be valuable to have a Sources directory that contained all the source code and did not contain any tests. In fact, that would set us on a path that would allow us to eliminate the ForwardingHeaders machinery.

If we plan to do the above, then Tests/RegressionTests might be the best directory for what is currently in LayoutTests. Another thing to consider is what other types of tests we have. Regression tests as opposed to what other tests?

    -- Darin