[webkit-dev] Webkit Cairo Port on windows

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 10:27:13 PST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 4:27 AM, Optimus <vsbhogle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two Questions.
> 1) If i want to ship the webkit on another machine, what all dll i should
> bundle, with webkit.

The best answer to this question is to use the 'depends' tool on
Windows to see what DLL's it needs to load.  I believe the following
libraries are sufficient:

1. libxml2.dll
2. libxslt.dll
3. JavaScriptCore.dll
4. ICUUC40.dll
5. ICUIN40.dll
6. CFLite.dll
7. libcurl.dll
8. libeay32.dll
9. ssleay32.dll

However, if you enable QuickTime video support, this will pull in
CoreFoundation and the rest of the apple libraries, as they are needed
by QuickTime.

We've been refactoring the project files a fair amount recently, and
during this process I may have missed some places where Apple-specific
binaries are being linked.

I'll double-check my build environment and make sure the apple
runtimes are not being incorrectly used.

> 2) When i tried to run the webkit on another machine, it did not run and
> instead i got an error message
> "This application has failed to start because the application configuration
> is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. "
>
> But when i installed sufari, on that machine, it worked. Do we need sufari
> to be installed? I mean as i know we can build a standalone application
> using cairo port..?

I suspect I may have allowed the 'Apple' build environment to bleed
into the WinCairo side of things.  I'll take a look at it today and
try to get it sorted out.

Thanks for the head's up!

-Brent