[webkit-dev] We released Firebug 1.6.0 with console.table(), time for Web Inspector?

Steven Roussey sroussey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 16:56:38 PST 2010

Hi Ken!

> I would suggest manually finding qualified reviewers for the patch,

I think it stalled since it was reviewed, but it needed some sort of
API discussion on this list. At this point, such discussion is too
late and compatibility with Firebug is more important. That said,
while the semantics of the API are not really up for discussion
anymore, the decision on whether to include it or not is still valid.

So from what I can tell (please correct me!), is that it can't go
forward without review in this list, as said by web inspector
reviewers. So there is catch-22 here if everyone points at everyone
else. :)

Admittedly, I did promise to gather some data to standardize the
console at the W3C, and haven't gotten around to it. Is that a
preferred way forward?

Anyway, it seemed like getting permission from people on the list was
a stumbling block, so I thought I would start here, and when settled,
return to the bug. I say "return," but I wasn't a participant in it.
But you get the idea!

I will investigate "webkit-patch" and the "--suggest-reviewers" option
while I wait. Thanks for the pointers, it will keep me busy!

-steve--