[webkit-dev] deduplicate-results

Evan Martin evan at chromium.org
Sun Aug 29 23:02:29 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Eric Seidel <eric at webkit.org> wrote:
> I'm very glad to see work being done to remove some of our redundant
> layout test results:
> http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/66124
>
> I'm curious what the status of that work is.  Do we expect all
> duplicates are gone now? or just chromium's?

The script as written was Chromium-agnostic (it uses the layout test
fallback lists from the normal WebKit scripts).

I think Tony just wasn't completely confident it was going to do the
right thing so he was deleting only a subdirectory at a time.  (Last
week he found and fixed a bug in it: when you find duplicate results
for platform A that falls back on platform C, you need to consider
intermediate platform B's results.)  If you have a WebKit build and
some time to spare, you can try deleting the redundant tests for your
platform that it suggests deleting and seeing if your platform still
passes the tests to verify before checking in the deletes.