[webkit-dev] Web Audio API

Chris Rogers crogers at google.com
Tue Aug 24 16:47:57 PDT 2010

Hi Simon, thanks for helping here.

By the way, anybody who is interested can look at the files in:
https://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/branches/audio/WebCore/audio/

There are actually a number of audio files which could be considered
re-usable, although I know of nothing at this time other than the web audio
API which would use them:

AudioBus.cpp
Biquad.cpp
Reverb.cpp
FFTConvolver.cpp (and other FFT-related files)

possibly also in this category are:
Cone.cpp
Distance.cpp
MidSide.cpp
SinWave.cpp
Panner.cpp (and subclasses)
(maybe a few others I've missed)

Basically, these are the lowest-level building blocks which the higher-level
parts (such as AudioContext, and AudioNode) use.  These lowest-level
building blocks do not (or should not) have any dependencies to the
higher-level code which implement the actual API (and have IDL files).  They
also don't have any dependencies on other parts of WebCore, although they do
use stuff in wtf.

So are you suggesting:

WebCore/webaudio                <--- IDL files and API implementation
WebCore/platform/audio        <--- lower-level building blocks such as
AudioBus.cpp

then with the conditional

#if WEB_AUDIO            <----- I added an underscore here

Chris