[webkit-dev] JSC String re-factorings are hosing the tree.

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Apr 22 12:02:42 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Brian Weinstein <bweinstein at apple.com>wrote:

> What is going there is that both machines are running Windows Debug Tests
> (or Windows Release Tests).
>
> We have two machines that run both Windows Debug Tests, and Windows Release
> Tests, so there are some times where they are both running the same kind of
> test, and it looks like the other kind of test is idle, when both machines
> are actually busy.

I get that in theory, but that still doesn't explain huge gaps.

For example:
Build 12537 and Build 12538 were running on Windows Debug at the same time
using apple-windows-3 and apple-windows-4 respectively. I would expect that
as soon as 12537 finished, the windows release bot would have started Build
11615 on apple-windows-3, but it actually waited 8-10 minutes. As best I can
tell, that's 8-10 minutes where the apple-windows-3 slave was actually just
idle.

Am I reading the data wrong?

Ojan