[webkit-dev] Implementing the sizes attribute of the link tag from HTML5

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Tue Apr 20 11:42:37 PDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi at gmx.de> wrote:

> In the Haiku port, I've temporarily made some useful BitmapImage methods
> public, to iterate over all images contained in the object and find the one
> with the size I want (in the browser code later on). Is there a better way
> to do this? How do other browser projects handle this? Would a patch to make
> some BitmapImage methods public have good chances of being accepted or is
> there another vision?

In Chromium, we use ImageSource instead of BitmapImage for this, because
ImageSource already has public functions for everything you want (e.g.
frameCount(), frameSizeAtIndex(), etc.), and thus no changes are needed.
 When we have some data blob that represents the favicon and we need to pick
a good image (size) out of it, we just instantiate an ImageSource directly.
 Take a look at WebImage::fromData() in
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebKit/chromium/src/WebImageSkia.cpp .

PK