[webkit-dev] Archiving the Haiku port? (was WebKit2 and all that jazz)

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Sat Apr 10 00:36:40 PDT 2010

Hi,

On 2010-04-10 at 00:26:36 [+0200], Maxime Simon <maxime.simon at webkit.org>
wrote:
> I'm "officially" the main maintainer of the Haiku port. But
> considering my university course I have little time to work on it.
> (I had plan to do so next summer though.) Another Haiku developer,
> Stephan Assmus, did lately some great improvements on the port,
> but is now focused on the web browser and keeps a not up-to-date
> version of WebKit for his work.

I've already upgraded one of my repositories to the latest SVN and resolved
the conflicts and incorporated the changes. I just need to merge that with
some changes in my other repository, but it's not a problem and won't take
long.

> In fact, our community is really interested on this port but having
> a web browser seems to be of greater priority.

I've been improving the port as well as working on the browser. A lot of
work had to be done in the WebKit support layer and the Haiku WebKit API,
it's just that the patches are mostly more than 20K per individual file I
reckon...

Best regards,
-Stephan