[webkit-dev] A post-mordem of today's tree redness

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Apr 6 11:43:13 PDT 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 10:35 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

> On 06.04.2010, at 10:06, Adam Barth wrote:
>
>> I don't read webkit-changes, so I might not fully appreciate this use
>> case, but the way I know when things are rolled out is because we
>> reopen the bug and comment that patch was rolled out in a certain
>> revision.  If you like, we can put more information in the ChangeLogs
>> created by sheriffbot (such as the title of the original bug).
>
> Yes, please do.
>
> I'm definitely not the only one reading webkit-changes and ChangeLogs.

I agree that more informative revert ChangeLog entries would be
useful. My preference would be to include the following:

- revision that was reverted
- bugzilla bug URL from the ChangeLog of the reverted commit (in a
distinct format from how we'd provide it if it was the bug for the
rollout change itself)
- summary text from the original revert

Something like:

- Reverted rNNNNN ("Rotate head 90 degrees clockwise")
<http://bugs.webkit.org/rollout-bug-num>

Reverted bug was: <http://bugs.webkit.org/bug-that-reverted>