[webkit-dev] Back/forward cache for pages with unload handlers

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Wed Sep 16 11:27:22 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren at apple.com> wrote:

> Prior to r48388, things that could make the back button slow:
> 1. An unload handler in the page you're leaving.
> 2. Reloading the page you're going back to.
>
> Post r48388, things that could make the back button slow:
> 1. An unload handler in the page you're leaving.

Yes, that's completely accurate.  I am only suggesting that item 1 dominates
item 2.

BTW, w.r.t. making unload handlers faster, we haven't actually sped anything
up yet, but we're getting closer to converging on an implementation + plan
for the future.  I intend to write something on the relevant bug in a few
minutes.

PK