[webkit-dev] JSON.stringify(Date) losts the milliseconds information

白石俊平 shumpei.shiraishi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 22:30:03 PDT 2009

Hi

I tried to use the JSON.stringify() for Date object on Safari4 and
WebKit nightly build(48096), so I got result as follows.

> JSON.stringify(new Date());
> 2009-09-07T04:49:43Z

This result seems that milliseconds information of date is lost.
For some applications, millis info is important and this behavior may
be problem.

And in the ECMAScript 5th specification, Date.toISOString() (this
function is called from Date.prototype.toJSON()) is defined as:

...Date Time string format (15.9.1.15). *All fields are present* in
the string...

So, I think the Webkit's behavior should be treated as a bug, isn't it?